Date and Time
Saturday, April 6, 2019
7:00 AM – Race-day registration and packet pick-up
8:00 AM – Start of Half Mile
8:20 AM – Start of 5K
The 5K and Half Mile courses are out and back on Lakeshore Drive, overlooking Lake Pontchartain.5K Course Map
Awards will be distributed shortly after the race. There is no duplication of awards – Overall, Youth, Master, Grandmaster, and Senior award winners are not eligible for age group awards.
- 1st thru 6th Overall Male and Female (prize money)
- 1st Youth Male and Female (15 and under)
- 1st Master Male and Female (40 and over)
- 1st Grandmaster Male and Female (50 and over)
- 1st Senior Male and Female (60 and over)
- 1st Racewalker Male and Female
- 1st and 2nd Male and Female in age groups 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80 and over
Half Mile Awards
- 1st Overall Male and Female (15 and under)
- 1st and 2nd Male and Female in age groups 5 and under, 6-9, 10-12, and 13-15
It is the responsibility of athletes that finish in the awards to note any necessary corrections on race day. If an error is discovered post-race we'll be happy to correct your results and update the website accordingly. However, if you do not inform us of this issue before your award is given out we will no longer have an award to give to you and we can't remake awards.
Timing and Scoring
The races will be electronically timed and scored. You must wear your race bib and D-tag properly to be scored. Your race bib must be worn on the front of your torso and be visible at the finish line. Your D-tag must be worn properly on one of your shoes. See Chronotrack D-Tag Instructions for details.
Preliminary results will be posted at the race site at the conclusion of the race. Full results will be published on the NOTC web site after the race.
Official race results are scored by gun time. Net (or chip) times are published for informational purposes only.
To be announced.
Registration is open to NOTC members and nonmembers alike. All participants must be registered and wear an official race bib while on the course.
5K NOTC Member
- $15.00 – Registered thru Nov 21
- $20.00 – Registered Nov 22 thru Jan 9
- $25.00 – Registered Jan 10 thru Apr 1
- $35.00 – Race day registration
- $20.00 – Registered thru Nov 21
- $25.00 – Registered Nov 22 thru Jan 9
- $30.00 – Registered Jan 10 thru Apr 1
- $35.00 – Race day registration
Half Mile (15 and Under)
- $15.00 – Registered thru Apr 1
- $20.00 – Race day registration
- $45.00 – Registered thru Nov 21
- $50.00 – Registered Nov 22 thru Jan 9
- $60.00 – Registered Jan 10 thru Apr 1
- No late or race day registration
Family registration is available to NOTC member families registered thru March 5 only and includes registration for two adults and other family members age 20 and under living in the same household. Separate entry forms are required for each family member.
Online registration is open through Monday, April 1.
Completed entry forms may be mailed along with payment by check only to:New Orleans Track Club
PO Box 52003
New Orleans, LA 70152-2003
Mailed entries must be postmarked by Monday, March 25.
Race Day Registration
Race day registration will be available at the race site starting at 7:00 AM. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card. Credit card must be presented.
Race-day packet pickup will start at 7:00 AM at the race site.
Please consider being a volunteer. Volunteers receive a race premium or T-shirt and refreshments from our sponsors as well as the satisfaction of assisting the NOTC in fulfilling its mission to promote running and fitness in the community. Sign up on our website or call 504-304-2326.
The 5th Annual Bursting with Speed event is owned and produced by the New Orleans Track Club, a not-for-profit organization and a member of the Road Runners Club of America and USA Track & Field. For more information contact the NOTC via email at notc@runNOTC.org or phone 504-304-2326.
All New Orleans Track Club race registration fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable under all circumstances, including, but not limited to, cancellation of the event or of your participation, or change in the date, nature, or format of the event. An event may be canceled or changed due to severe weather or other factors that threaten the safety of participants, staff, or volunteers. Race bibs cannot be transferred to another participant.
The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, the New Orleans Track Club encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of this race.
At our races, NOTC demonstrates our commitment to an inclusive athletic experience by welcoming race participants, volunteers and guests to use:
- Single-occupancy gender-neutral (unisex) facilities; and
- Use of multiple-occupant, gender-neutral restroom facilities with lockable single occupant stalls.
The New Orleans Track Club strongly recommends against the participation of baby strollers/joggers in road races. The reason for this recommendation is that the inclusion of strollers in races increases the potential for injury to race participants and children.
The NOTC has no objection to and does not discourage the safe and prudent use of strollers or baby joggers in individual training situations. If allowed in a race, stroller or baby joggers or similar devices should be started in the back of the runners and walkers.
Dogs should not be brought to this event for the safety of all participants and volunteers.