The 47th Annual Al Briede Gold Cup Race
3 Miles, 1 Mile – An NOTC Grand Prix Series Race
Saturday, March 8, 2014, 8:00 AM
Lake Pontchartrain Lakefront, Bucktown, LA
Benefiting the Chris Briede Fund and the LA/SPCA
The Al Briede Gold Cup Race honors Al Briede III, one of the founding members of the New Orleans Track Club (then the New Orleans Road Runners) and a past club president. For more about Mr. Briede see his brief bio here.
The Al Briede Gold Cup Race is open to all runners and walkers, NOTC members and nonmembers alike.
Date and Time
Saturday, March 8, 2014
7:00 AM – Race-day registration and packet pick-up opens
8:00 AM – Start of 1 Mile
8:20 AM – Start of 3 Mile
Start and finish on the Lake Pontchartrain Lakefront in Bucktown.
Details and course map to be announced.
Awards will be distributed shortly after the race. There is no duplication of awards – Overall, Youth, Master, and Grandmaster winners are not eligible for age group awards.
3 Mile Awards
- 1st Overall Male and Female
- 1st Youth Male and Female (15-Under)
- 1st Master Male and Female (40-Over)
- 1st Grandmaster Male and Female (50-Over)
- 1st Senior Male and Female (60-Over)
- 1st Male and Female in Age Groups 15-Under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70-Over
- 1st Racewalker Male and Female
1 Mile Awards
- 1st Overall Male and Female
Timing and Scoring
The races will be electronically timed and scored. You must wear your race bib and D-tag properly to be scored. Your race bib must be worn on the front of your torso and be visible at the finish line. Your D-tag must be worn properly on one of your shoes. See Chronotrack D-Tag Instructions for details.
Preliminary results will be posted at the race site at the conclusion of the race. Full results will be published on the NOTC web site on the afternoon of the race.
No T-shirts for this race! Hats will be given to all registrants instead. One size fits all.
Registration is open to NOTC members and nonmembers alike. All participants must be registered and wear an official race bib while on the course. Packet pickup will begin at 7:00 AM on race day.
- $25 – All entrants registered by March 2, 2014
- $30 – All entrants registered March 3, 2014 through race day
- $50 – NOTC families registered by March 2, 2014
Family registration is available to preregistered NOTC member families only and includes registration for two adults and other family members age 20 and under living in the same household.
Entry fees are non-refundable. Sorry, no exceptions.
Online registration is open through Sunday, March 2, 2014.
Fax and Email Registration
Copies of completed hard-copy entry forms may be faxed or emailed to the NOTC office with payment by credit card only.Fax: 504-304-2327
Faxed or emailed entries must be received by Monday, March 3, 2014.
Completed hard-copy entry forms may be mailed along with payment by check or credit card to:New Orleans Track Club
PO Box 52003
New Orleans, LA 70152-2003
Mailed entries must be received by Monday, March 3, 2014.
In-store registrations are payable by check or credit card only.
- Louisiana Pizza Kitchen, 615 S. Carrollton Ave, New Orleans
- Louisiana Running, 4153 Canal St, New Orleans
- Phidippides Footwear, 6601 Veterans Blvd, Metairie
- Sneaker Shop, 904 Harrison Ave, New Orleans
- Southern Runner, 6112 Magazine St, New Orleans
- Varsity Sports, 3450 Magazine St, New Orleans
- Elmwood Fitness and Running Store, Elmwood Fitness Center
In-store registration will close Thursday, February 27, 2014.
Race Day Registration
Race day registration will be available at the race site starting at 7:00 AM. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card. Credit card must be presented.
Race-day packet pickup will open at 7:00 AM at the race site.
For your safety and the safety of others the NOTC and the RRCA discourage the use of headphones during the running or walking of the event.