2019 Grand Prix Series
- Seven races in the adult series; five in the youth series
- All adult division races are between 2 miles and 10K
- All youth division races are 1 mile or shorter
- 2019 race schedule:
- Mardi Gras 5K – February 23
- Al Briede Gold Cup – March 23
- Greek Festival Run/Walk – May 24
- Father's Day Race – June 16
- NOTC 56th Anniversary Race – Date TBA
- NOLA Bluedoo Walk/Run – Date TBA
- Oktoberfest Run & Walk – Date TBA
- Drop your lowest score
- Prizes for first through fifth
- Awards to be announced
- Full rules below
- Youth (all races 1 mile or shorter)
- Adult (all races 2 miles or longer)
- 17 and under
- 70 and over
Grand Prix Rules
- Age on December 31 of the competition year will be used.
- All competitive racewalkers must sign in prior to the start of the race at
the racewalker check-in table.
- Racewalkers that are disqualified on course by the judges will not be
eligible for division points in that event. Racewalkers may not run at
any time. Clothing must not obscure the knees. Pacing devices and
headphones are not permitted. Please check with the
should you have any questions.
- To be eligible for awards, club members must participate in at least half
of the series races. Youths must participate in at least half of the races
that have youth races (1 mile or shorter).
- NOTC membership must be valid on race day to earn series points and must be
valid on the date of the awards ceremony to receive an award.
- All NOTC members are automatically entered into the Grand Prix.
- Grand Prix Series points are assigned to the top twenty NOTC members in each
division as follows: 20, 19, 18, ..., 3, 2, 1.
- For events with multiple adult division race options, each race is scored
separately and equally.
- For tie-breaking purposes, one additional point per completed event will be
awarded to all club members.
- Second tie-breaker is highest score at a single race.
- Third tie-breaker is number of times scoring that many points.
- Grand Prix Series participants are eligible to score an additional one-time
10 point bonus for volunteering at NOTC events.
- All NOTC events are eligible for volunteer scoring, beginning with
Jackson Day, ending with Oktoberfest, and excepting Summer Series events.
- Please coordinate ahead of time with the
- Final standings are based on the sum of scores from all series races
plus the volunteer bonus (if any), minus each competitor's
- Competitors in the abbreviated youth divisions do not drop their lowest
- All NOTC members who participate in all of the 2019 Grand Prix Series races
are eligible for a series completion award.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.