2017 Grand Prix Series
- Seven races this year
- All races are between 2m and 10K
- Kids' races, too!
- Same races as 2016:
- Drop your lowest score
- Prizes for first through fifth
- Youth (all races 1 mile or shorter)
- Adult (all races 2 miles or longer)
- 17 and under
- 70 and over
Grand Prix 2017 Rules
- Age on December 31 of the competition year will be used.
- All competitive racewalkers must sign in prior to the start of the race at
the racewalker check-in table.
- Racewalkers that are disqualified on course by the judges will not be
eligible for division points in that event. Racewalkers may not run at
any time. Clothing must not obscure the knees. Pacing devices and
headphones are not permitted. Please check with the
should you have any questions.
- To be eligible for awards, club members must participate in at least half
of the series races. Youths must participate in at least half of the races
that have youth races.
- NOTC membership must be valid on race day to earn series points and must be
valid on the date of the awards ceremony to receive an award.
- All NOTC members are automatically entered into the Grand Prix.
- Grand Prix Series points are assigned to the top ten NOTC members in each
division as follows: 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10.
- For events with multiple race options, each race is scored separately and
- For tie-breaking purposes, one additional point per completed event will be
awarded to all club members.
- Second tie-breaker is highest score at a single race.
- Third tie-breaker is number of times scoring that many points.
- Grand Prix Series participants are eligible to score an additional one-time
50 point bonus for volunteering at NOTC events.
- All NOTC events are eligible for volunteer scoring, beginning with
Jackson Day, ending with Oktoberfest, and excepting Summer Series events.
- Please coordinate ahead of time with the
- Final standings are based on the sum of scores from all series races
plus the volunteer bonus (if any), minus each competitor's
- Competitors in the abbreviated youth divisions do not drop their lowest
- All NOTC members who participate in all of the 2017 Grand Prix Series races
are eligible for a series completion award.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org